Our Affirmation Of Common DiscipleshipIn the name and to the glory of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit:
- We affirm our conviction that it is God’s will that His People should be one in Christ; and we affirm our desire to seek unity only in accordance with His will.
- We affirm the reality and the joy of what the Holy Spirit has lead us to do so far; and that this unity, although not yet expressed in full communion, is already real communion.
- We affirm our calling to be a sign to our churches and to the world of the unity to which Christ is calling all of his people.
- Therefore we resolve to seek further opportunities of working together for the glory of God.
- We resolve to continue to pray for one another, and to deepen our understanding of each other’s traditions.
- We resolve to seek in every way to demonstrate to the world that we are united in our commitment to Christ and to the coming of His Kingdom.
- We commit ourselves to god for his guidance towards that fuller unity which is Christ’s will for his church.
- We call upon all our brothers and sisters in the City Churches to join us in this act of affirmation. It is for us a further step towards God’s future. It is our united response to Jesus’ prayer to the Father, ’That they all may be one as we are one… that the world may believe.’
This we affirm. Thanks be to God.